Saturday, March 13, 2010

Oklahoma Railway Through Moore To Norman



I took this from a 1947 map of the State of Oklahoma available at http://www.odot.org/hqdiv/p-r-div/maps/state-maps/pdfs/1947.pdf. In it you can see a) Robinson Ave in Norman is OK highway 74, and b) the path of the Oklahoma Railway Company (interurban) as opposed to the Santa Fe's track.

Something that I think is really neat in this also is the Farm to Market road just to the east of Moore. It's the road running due north from US-77 to US-270 and has "FM" in a diamond with an arrow pointing to it. Is that Sunylane? sooner? Bryant? I almost want to say it's Eastern. Thoughts anyone?

2 comments:

  1. Oh also notice what you don't see - Thunderbird or Draper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this interesting information...I'm trying to find out where the school in Moore was located in 1910 that my family that lived at 5300 SW 149th St. attended. ;o)

    ReplyDelete